The topics of the contest will be wide and on current issues which have a direct
or indirect impact on the society. Issues of the recent past would be highlighted
significantly. The topics are included those on
- Influence of social networking sites
- Global warming
- Effect of advertisement
- Objectivity of news channels
- Politicians and their campaigns and promises
- China and its global presence
- Relevance of common wealth
- Economic development versus green environment
- Pros and cons of nuclear energy
- Genetic engineering
- Open source softwares
- 'outsourcing' of business
- Religion versus fundamentalism
- Young versus old in today's India.
- Is downloading music without permission from the internet wrong?
- Should we change the way words in the English language are spelled, to make them
more like the way
they are spoken?
- Should AIDS drugs be made cheaper for developing countries?
- Should aviation fuel for domestic and international flights be taxed to combat climate
- Could such a tax be used to fund development aid? Are there viable alternatives?
- Are beauty contests harmful?
- Is boarding school beneficial to children?
- Should children be hit in school as a punishment?
- Should students be given homework tasks to complete outside school? Or are such
- Should children be allowed to own and use mobile phones (cellphones)?
- Should examinations be replaced with other forms of assessment?